"Doctor uncle" - horror english short story


When I was young, I always dreamt to be a Doctor, a good Doctor. But, as I grew older, my dreams began to change. Now I am 30 years old and I am a software engineer. There are many things have happened to me in my 30 years life but, I still remember a real story, which I want to share with you. So first let me introduce myself. Hi, I am Jaydeep. I am from a small village in "Juprigao". We were so poor and we lived in a small hut in our village. My father was a farmer. He used to tell me, to become a good person and to help other needy people. From that time, I wished to be a Doctor to fulfill my dad's dream. My mother also that, when I told her I wanted to be a doctor.

loading...

 Also, one more thing which inspired me a lot to make this decision to become a doctor that was my "Doctor uncle". No, I don't want to tell his name here. So, I will just mention "Doctor uncle" instead of calling him by his name here. So, Doctor uncle was not so rich but, he used to help us every time. He was like a real god for the poor villagers. I heard once, Doctor uncle received a job offer from a major hospital in Town. But he did not join there. He doesn't want to leave us so, he was decided to stay here to practice and help us. So, everyone in our village loves him so much. He was my first motivation. But, when, I started to grow up my dream to become a doctor has started shifting. Now, it's finally shifted to the computer.

You guys may think, Where did the computer come from in this remote village? At first, I saw the machine in our school. Yes, we have computers in our schools. So, computer science was a quite interesting subject for me. I always get full marks on this subject. So, I decided to complete my graduation in computer science. But, from the village, I can't fulfill my dream. So, my parents decided to admit me a city college. My parents were ready to send me in town because Doctor uncle told them to let me do what I want and there are many job opportunities in Town for computer science students. I was very happy finally I admitted to a city college. No, now I am not willing to describe my college life here. I just want to tell you, I completed my graduation with almost 75% marks. It was good to get a small job in Town. So, I decided to do a small job and I started doing a course in software engineering. After that, I got a job in a reputed IT company. It's almost 5 years have passed, I didn't go to our village. Yes, in this time period my parents came here and stayed with me for a long time. But, I never had time to go to the village. I love my village to much but, I was doing a job in a cafe. So, I didn't get much time to go to my village. Actually, I didn't want to give my parents too much pressure of my education costs. I started to manage some money from my cafe job. Because one and only dream which I had at the time was to give a happy life to my parents.


So, after being a software engineer I finally decided to go to my village. I packed my bags and all the necessary stuff. When I finally reached my village it was totally different. All roads have been replaced by concrete roads, electric lights on the street everything was changed. I was enjoying the quiet environment of my village after a long time. I was very happy at that time. It was late afternoon and light darkness all around. Suddenly, I noticed someone is there on the field and he was waving at me. Do I know him? I couldn't see him properly. Oh, finally I recognize. "Doctor uncle"? "How are you"? I really missed you a lot... Uncle replied, "you are too young my doctor kid. You know, when you were a child, once you stole my stethoscope from my desk. You told me, Doctor uncle it is mine". I was smiling loudly but, uncle told me to stop. Again he started talking that, "finally you can take it. Not mine, just check the last drawer of my desk. There is a new stethoscope which I bought for you when you were a child. But, I couldn't get a chance to give it to you with my own hands. I know you don't need that. But, I only have this to give you. It was only for you. Please take it otherwise I will not get peace." I was just going to say something but suddenly, one of my childhood friends call me from behind. I looked at him and when I looked back to Doctor uncle he was not there. I was totally confused. I told everything to my friend. He looked very shocked and he told me, Doctor uncle died last year. Then, who is that man? Suddenly, my head began to spin and I fall to the ground by saying "Doctor Uncle"......

Post a Comment

0 Comments